Friday, July 31, 2009

Still...

I'm still waiting. Waiting like Forest Gump in the bench of the bus station. The buses come. They stop. They honk and go. People come, set, speak and go. They speak, we speak, you speak, we laugh, we cry, I cry, they cry. They take a bus and go. I stand up, follow the bus a little, and then I remember that I have an important thing to do. I'm waiting. Waiting for a miracle to come and can't find me in the bench of the bus station.


I'm still waiting. It shouldn't remain like this. It shouldn't be spent this way. There should be a change. It must find its way among these too many earthen ways, among these too many correct and wrong tableaus, among these too many colorful buses. That happening, that miracle must come, must comes and changes things, me and my life. You see? Change no; exchange. miracle exchanges, converts. It converts rods to dragons and seas to deserts. I don't want any helps. I don't want any prescriptions and plans. I want that miracle. What if god sent a boat for Moses instead of that miracle? Of course I'm not Moses, and there is no pharaoh's corps behind me. But my problem can be solved just by that miracle.


I… I'm unsatisfied. A complainant. I complain. I nag. I want more, like Oliver Twist, I'm not satisfied with a single scoop of that watery soup. I'm different. I'm different even from Oliver Twist. I want more, I want the miracle. I look at the horizon and I can't see the truck; I'm looking for the truth and I can't hear its honks. The truck passes on me and I'm thinking what a density has this red hot fluid and how properly I can fill the blanks of the street. It shouldn't remain this way. It must change. And I'm ready, ready to…ready for…I'm ready to wait for it in perpetuity.


I look at my palms. I can see myself through those bold lines. I'm still waiting, old and dodderer, on that very bench, on that very station; still waiting. I look at my watch now and then. (There are no hands in my watch; it shows just dates.) It's a long time that no bus stops in the station. It's a long time that no one sets in the station. It's such a long time that the only thing which is remaining is my bench in the station. I look at the horizon and I'm sure…I'm sure that she will come someday.

10 comments:

Morteza Naghipoor said...

AS I said before in Ghaz Square when you gave it to me, I believe it's really impressive although I don't understand some parts of it.

Mehdi said...

Are you sure that a SHE is worth waiting for such a long time?
I agree with Morteza and I think it is because of many allusions you have used in your writing.
Anyway, I just know that I hate waiting, I really hate it. It is amongst the few things I can't bear.

Behzad Sadeghian said...

yo,wuzzup dwash meiti?I'm here just to tell ya that only a SHE is worth waiting for.

Unknown said...

I agree with behzad

Mehdi said...

Dear Behzad,
I didn't say that a she isn't worth waiting, I said waiting for a really long time. Think about it man.

Saba Sa said...

It was perfect...Really
I'm exactly like you and all those things bother me
I'm waiting too
So we can pray together....
God help us

Ehsan said...

hey amin!
how are things?
exactly when u sent me sms i was in your blog! so nice and different!
bravo!

Saba Sa said...

Mr motamedi would you help me plz???
I want to know how you put this wonderfull music player in Ur weblog????
I tried hard,but didn't succeed!
Thanks

Hamed said...

Hi my freind!
Excuse me but I think waiting for a real love is pain in neck but it's really perfect.
I had an experience... 14 years.

s.firozabadi said...

I read this story now! maybe its too late! but it really touches my soul so i cant help leaving a message...
i really hope u find what ever u want,best wishes